JRoy blog

Monday, February 06, 2006

i went to Alexander Post Office to pay the phone bill just now. it's about 10-15 minutes walk from my place. despite my legs being still in pain from all the jumping during the weekend services i still got to go because today is the due date. as i was walking i noticed a few drops of rain started to pour down on my shirt. i looked up and saw grey clouds moving on top of me towards the direction i am walking. strangely enough, apart from that grey cloud all other clouds were away from it and looks quite plain. no sign of them raining down. it dawn on me. of the time the people of Israel coming out of Egypt. the Lord walk before them as a cloud in the day and a pillar of fire at night. the cloud is to give them shades against the heat of the sun. as the rain started to pour down a little bit heavier i can feel a bit of breeze and coolness. just as when the Holy Spirit is moving and raining down on us during praise and worship. it is refreshing. but at one point i need to walk in a slightly different direction in order to reach the post office. the cloud no longer shading me. the heat of the day started to creep on me. no more rain. what was the revelation that i get? i can only pose one question from this. it is not a question about is resting under the shade a good thing or simply bearing the heat is what we should settle for. my question is, when the cloud - the presence of God - is moving, will you move along? some might be comfortable at where they're at. some might be glad for what they got back then and dwell on them. but i don't want to be as those who died in the desert nor crawling back to Egypt. my answer is only one. i choose to walk with God. when He move, i move. times of refreshing is in His presence. Lord, let your Spirit rain down on me. always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home